Saturday, November 26, 2011

Book Review: The Japanese Skincare Revolution by Chizu Saeki

Beautiful Skin, Japanese Style

Tech tipsComputer Trickschizu saeki the japanese skincare revolution-1-2.jpg

Beautiful Skin, Japanese Style

Whilst in London I visited The Japan Centre, where I always go to stock up on Magazines and food. I saw this book cover and was immediately attracted to it – opened it up and bonus! It was in English (yes, I buy books I don’t understand just for pretty pictures). And bonus! it was only £12.99.

Then every night whilst I was there I read this book.
And I am still completely mesmerized by The Japanese Skincare Revolution: How to Have the Most Beautiful Skin of Your Life – at Any Age, written by Chizu Saeki.

Chizu is a Japanese skincare guru, (I noticed she featured in 2 of the magazines I bought) and at 65 looks great. She doesn’t look 30 – don’t get me wrong, this is not an alternative to a face lift type remedy, but rather a solid skincare routine, a way of looking after the skin and feeling better too.



She has a completely natural radiance to her which I personally aspire to. There’s a nice interview with her here (Japan Times) if you want to know more about her.

It’s that kind of ‘translucent’ skin that is popular in Asian countries, extremely clear smooth skin that is flawless and just glows. Less trying to fix the problem, rather removing the problem in the first place.

So step away from the fake tan and concealer girls – here is The Japanese Skincare Revolution!


Size Matters?

 

Although not a very thick book, the books is packed full of info. Intro, 6 Chapters and the Appendix. I won’t go through everything as it will ruin it for you but she runs through some very important things such as facial massages and one of the best techniques, draining the lymph nodes:

chizu saeki the japanese skincare revolution-2.jpg

What I also love about this book is that it goes through things in a very achievable and practical way. I hate beauty books that don’t explain techniques properly – this one goes through the fundamental Saeki skincare system which is using a Cleanser, Lotion/Toner, Serum, Eye Cream and Moisturizer (plus extras like scrub and sunscreen).

chizu saeki the japanese skincare revolution-3.jpg

She also covers her lotion mask technique, something that I am already adapting into my skincare routine (more about this in my next post) and spa techniques, such as a water massage using a fine bottle:

chizu saeki the japanese skincare revolution-4.jpg

There is also a section which lets you diagnose your skintype and recommendations depending on the type of skin you have. And there’s a really cool honey treatment for lips…

There’s also a section that explains the best way to cleanse, tone and moisturizer…sounds complicated but I reckon once you get used to it, it will be pretty quick to implement.

I seriously have so many make up and skincare books and this has been the most inspiring I have read in a long time and BONUS! It’s in English! (apart from buying make up, I also love buying books – I don’t see them as a luxury at all.

Regular Cosmetic Candy Household Conversation:
“Did you buy the Bread?”
“Oh sorry – Coetzee’s new book came out.”
“But that was out last £10!”
“Can we eat paper?.”)

The book is on sale at Amazon for £9.99 (free shipping) and the last time I checked there were only 2 left! Hurry and spread the word!

I wholly, completely love this book, I am still slowly trying things out and am finding it benefiting my skin. Recommended for anyone who wants to fine tune/improve/start their skincare regime.


P.S. There is a video of the lady on Amazon.com (here).



source of info...thanks to..
http://cosmetic-candy.com/book-review-the-japanese-skincare-revolution-by-chizu-saeki/





....