Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lose the weight the old fashion way

learn proper nutrition and exercise....

This is the story of  David Smith....

I started a new plan...not one that would take my life, but one that would save my life.
The first thing I needed to do was to let my past go. It was eating me up too much, if I wanted a new life I had to start fresh.
No more regretting my past mistakes and decisions.
The second thing I needed to do was get over my fear of the outside world.
I knew I couldn’t function as a human being if I couldn’t even step outside of my house.
I decided the best way to get over my fear was to destroy it.
I decided the best way to get over my fear of people was to be seen, and the best way to be seen is on television.
I knew that if I was on television, people would know my story. They wouldn’t see me as a joke.

I was truly dedicated to a change in my lifestyle - and a change in the traditional
'eat less & exercise more attitude'.

I never thought losing weight would be this easy. The hardest part was giving up my lifelong relationship with food - even though he lets me 'cheat' every other day.

I am now losing weight quicker than people who have undergone gastric bypass operation. My metabolism is higher than ever.
The only thing I needed was willpower and commitment something I never had before.
I still don’t believe how I got out that door the first time and started walking.
At first, I couldn’t walk more than 500 feet without stopping, now I can walk miles without stopping.
Here I was wasting away a body that I never gave a chance to.
I thought to myself... if I had even a sliver of courage, I could accomplish anything including my freedom.




For the first time I saw myself as others have viewed me, I was not a fraud - it was real!

My darkness, my personal demon, suffered a devastating blow that day. It had tried to convince me that I was failing - but I was not. It knows that its days are numbered, It also knows that it is going to fail - not me. The darkness tries to keep me down but I am too strong to even give it the time of day. The darkness lived off my fear and sorrow, and now that fear and sorrow is no more. I have recently started to regain a life that I never thought possible.

I am no longer that scared little boy, but I am starting to become the confident man I knew that I could be. I have finally gotten my drivers license - seven months ago I couldn’t even fit in a cars front seat. I just recently received my GED and Chris helped get me my first job at the local Wal-Mart.

I am not afraid of people anymore. I can walk with my head held high.
I don’t care what people think of me.
Some people know my story and some don’t -
all that really matters is that I finally love myself.

That is the one thing I never did was love myself.
Once you love yourself, you can be anything you want to be.

I can’t wait to experience the things that I have never experienced in my life.
I want to experience a lot of things that are fun, adventurous, exciting, mysterious, and dangerous.
I have only allowed myself to experience pain and suffering.

The one thing that I am most excited about experiencing, is love.
I have heard that the greatest feeling in life is to fall in love.
I want to know how that feels. No matter how deep you dig yourself into a hole, you can always dig yourself out, I am proof of that.

Nothing is impossible in this world - if you want it you just need to grab hold of it and never let go of your dreams...because some dreams if you work hard enough, really do come true.

Today...
This is an update on my life so far…I have now lost 401 pounds in 26 months - naturally.


I think about my past and about my decision to ask for help. I was so lost, I felt like I had no other alternative but suicide. I now look at all these paths ahead of me, and I remember that one unlikely path I choose – to ask for help before I took my life. It was the greatest thing I have ever done.


its so funny how life works. He made me feel like a human even when the outside world thought not. 


I didn't change my life to die alone..

Not only has my life changed, but I’ve inspired others as well…and hopefully many more to follow. It has been amazing watching the events of a path in the road that I would have never chosen.


 I appreciate every breath I take, every sight I see, everything because it could be a lot different. It could be nothing, nonexistent. It feels good to have something I never thought I would. It feels good to be human.

-David Smith


Before
After

source..
  http://www.chrispowell.com/chris-powell-stories.html


                      
.......